A recent survey found that most organizations worry about increasing complexity and the range of telecommunications tools and services needed including…
- Using the Internet for Social networking, marketing, customer service, and sales
- A Wide Area Network to connect locations
- Smartphones (company-owned, BYOD, data plans, security, etc.)
- Voice Lines (VoIP, Fiber or Copper)
- Video Conferencing
The same survey also showed that as organizations grow they struggle to control telecom costs over the lifecycle of telecom equipment and services, while managing conflicting needs and concerns among departments.
If you are expecting the telecom providers to guide you through the decision process, take the time to understand your organization’s needs, recommend the best package for you, explain their contract terms – and help you stay on top of your changing needs – let’s just say that you’re being more than a little optimistic.
The providers are in the business of providing connectivity and moving your traffic from place to place. It costs money to provide consulting services, and frankly, they have no interest in spending that money. Once the contracts are signed and services are implemented they consider the job complete.
How do we know all that? We’ve worked inside the industry from both sides of the table. We’ve seen the providers reducing their Account Rep staff year over year, even as the services they provide are becoming more and more complex.
Our Telecom Management suite gives you a clear handle on your telecom spend and usage – and then helps you purchase the services that best support your business. We review and analyze all of the separate communication elements your organization is being billed for and help you navigate the sea of communications without getting lost or drowning in overwhelming details. We get to the bottom of what you need to know, including…
- What equipment and services are you paying for?
- How are you using each of those services?
- Are you using all of the services you’re being billed for, or is there wasted spending?
- Are vendors charging you for services they’re not providing? (an estimated 80% of telecom bills are wrong – every month)
- Does better technology exist to fit your communications needs and budget?
- Which vendor provides the best service for your money?
Once we get to the bottom of things we then help you make informed decisions about the services you are paying for – and we can find better technology for those that are out of date. We know you don’t care about the technical details like we do. That’s ok. We specialize in keeping things simple, and helping you choose the right services for your business. In addition to the more traditional telecom services, we can help you find:
- Broadband services to replace your old T1s
- SIP Trunks to replace your PRIs
- Hosted Phone Systems to replace your old premise system
- SD-WAN to replace your expensive MPLS or Point-to-Point WAN
- Cloud and Infrastructure as a Service to replace your old servers
- LTE and Satellite services to back up your essential internet connectivity
At Opticom, we offer the full spectrum of services from every reliable provider, providing you access to every leading service. We have relationships with over 100 of the top-tier suppliers including the big brands like Verizon, Comcast, and AT&T, as well as a host of other companies only telecom insiders like us know about.
We know the full spectrum of choices and use our deep industry knowledge and pitbull-like tenacity to negotiate the best technology at the best price based on your needs and your budget.
And we don’t leave you hanging when we’ve solved your problems. We provide close the gap between you and your telecom service provider with our customer-rated, outstanding support.…
Opticom Consulting is also able to provide you with assistance for a variety of Telecom projects and issues.
- Telecom System RFP – When it comes time to purchase or upgrade your current telecommunication system, Opticom can help you understand the bewildering array of options and make recommendations on the features and functions you need and which ones you don’t need. We can run the RFP process for you, bringing in multiple vendors and help you negotiate the best deal while building a system to handle your future needs. And we help you choose between hardware-based and hosted solutions so you have the tools you need to do the job right.
- Vendor Selection – The problem with the RFP process for telecom is you get quotes and proposals that you really don’t understand. If you are already in the middle of an RFP process or would just like to understand which offer is best for your business, OptiCom Consulting can work backwards from your business needs and help you choose the best from the options in front of you.
- Voice and Data Network Configuration and Planning – With the convergence of data and voice the choices for services has increased considerably. Which service fits your organization the best? Opticom can assist in understanding the choices and help you to make the best decision.
At this point, you may want to learn more About Us …